Friday, July 11, 2008

Bill This

My awesome hubby bought me a cell phone for mother’s day and knowing what a freak I am about contracts, he got service from Cricket, which is contract free. Well, after having several problems and consistantly having to spend 20-30mins on hold BEFORE even getting to talk to a person, just to find their accent was so strong that I couldn’t understand them, we decided to tell them to bugger off. One month later, they charged my account for 2 months service. Needless to say I was ticked. After jumping through hoops that you wouldn’t believe if I told you, they said it’d be credited back to my account within 48 hours. This was a week ago and it hasn’t been done yet. Thankfully, my bank rocks and they are going to help me fight it. We are now with T-Mobile and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them, contract and all, lol (Thanks Boo-boo!).

After dealing with the Cricket issue, I continue on with paying the bills. When I see my ATT bill, with whom I have home phone and formerly internet, I find that they have charged me for the entire month’s internet after I had cancelled it. When I called to have it fixed they informed me that they would have to wait until the next billing cycle to adjust it and I should call back next month. Ummmm, don’t think so. After we finished our conversation, I called and started service with another company that is $10 cheaper per month, no connection fee, and they’re giving me the first 3 months free. I then joyfully called AT&T back and told them that we were done doing business with them. Amazingly they offered to INSTANTLY credit my account for the pro-rated internet and give me $5 off our home phone for the next 3 months.. I guess we were suddenly sucked into some black hole that gave them the ability to make adjustments before the billing cycle. Unfortunately, it’s too little too late and I’m going to spend my extra $10 victory money on a new oven mit! Whooo hooo!

No comments: