Monday, June 30, 2008

Nate the Great

Welcome to today. It’s June 30 2008, the day that my first baby turns 18. Not sure just how it happened, I think I must’ve blinked or something. I’ve been trying to pace my bawling fits in an attempt to elude a complete breakdown. Thankfully he’s not moving out just yet, so that does help a bit. I find it amazing how one can feel the tug of “Empty Nest syndrome” when your house is still filled with the sound of teens running up and down the stairs and toddlers playing. None the less, my little man is a legal man today and all I want to do is hold him and not let him go. His father called last night and he too is having a hard time with it. At least I know that I’m not alone and completely crazy. Ok, we’ll just leave it at “not alone”.

I’m now officially too weepy eyed to type, so I’m going to play with the babies and crawl back into a comfortable state of denial.

No comments: