Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Great Commision

My hubby just had back surgery last Monday which you can read more about on his blog Dansclan. It’s been a challenge, but he’s a tough cookie and he‘s getting better with each day. I’m trying my best to make it an easy recovery for him, but with toddlers running about and our bedroom upstairs, it hasn’t been very easy. We visited a new church the Sunday before he had the surgery and fell in love with the people there and immediately decided it would be our new church home. Tonight I finished putting the kids to bed, checked in on my hubby and the phone started ringing. I ran downstairs to grab it and it was one of the ladies from High Pointe Church. During their Sunday night meeting they arranged for the congregation to bring us dinner every night this week! All I could do was cry, as a matter of fact, I’m still having a hard time typing through my teary eyes. I’ve grown up going to church and I’ve been to just about every denomination out there, from Catholic to passed out in the isle Holly Rollers. I’ve never seen a group of people more focused on showing Christ’s love with no expectations of return. They simply do what the bible tells us to do in Matthew 22:36-39

No comments: