Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rain, Rain, Come and Stay!

Well, it's a loverly rainy day (yes I really love rainy summer days). By some great miracle the youngest are upstairs playing happily which gives me a few minutes to just sit here and enjoy my yummishious iced coffee. So I thought I'd say hi....HI!

I've been fighting with this sciatic nerve issue for a wee bit over a month. Not too cool considering my husband just had back surgery and needs me to take care of him much more than I need him to take care of me. It had gotten pretty bad, to the point I couldn't walk. Seriously, I had to crawl/slither on the floor just to get to the bathroom. Fortunately, we have an amazing family friend who is a massage therapist. This guy is uber cool and amazingly intelligent. In the 15 years that I've known him, I always learn something new every time I talk with him. Anyhoo, he's been giving me treatments and hooking me up with some natural medicines and it has done WONDERS! I was actually able to take the kids to the grocery store and do real shopping! That translates to about 1 1/2 hours of walking through the store and we all made it out alive and upright. Yeeehaw!

I tell you all this because my house has gone to pot being as I haven't been able to do too much. Thankfully, my mom (where would the world be without moms?) has come over several times to help me with laundry, vacuuming, kids, etc. so we're not completely snowed under, but it's still icky none the less. I'm trying to work on a recovery plan while still not going so far as to set me back to that slithering stage. Today I have 2 missions, sterilize the downstairs bathroom and do laundry.
Oh while I'm at it, let me share my laundry soap recipe with you:

2 cups grated Zote (laundry soap bar found in the laundry isle, regular IVORY works well too)
1 cup borax
1 cup washing soda (not baking soda, again found in laundry isle)

Mix well and store in airtight container. Use 2 Tablespoons per load. Really, that's all it takes.

I used to use my food proccesor to grate the soap and then mix everything up, but being as I overworked my proccesor, I'm left to grate it by hand. Let's have a moment of silence for my loverly food proccessor, may it rest in peace.


Just for funsies, here's a pic of our baby kitty Dakota enjoying the rain.


No comments: